Another day, another show! This episode of the Stuck Mic AvCast brings conversations of what to do when experiencing multiple aircraft system failures, including flight considerations, and adverse aircraft behaviors. We also discuss becoming disoriented with the cockpit layout of a new airplane and even some stories of co-host go arounds and much, more!
We’ve got SWAG for sale! T-Shirts, coffee cups, magnets, etc at StuckMicAvCast.com/buy to get those items today.
The Stuck Mic AvCast is donation supported. Please consider a small donation if you enjoy the show: StuckMicAvCast.com/support.
- Glasair Demo Flight; Len rides along with Bob Zajko in his Glasair around Frederick, MD
- Shuttle Discovery recent voyage to Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum
- Aircraft System Failures; what to do, how to manage, tips and tricks, and what happens with it all goes wrong
- Merits of Using A Flight Timer – useful tips for flight timers
- System Failures – a reference to Chapter 11 of the Instrument Flying Handbook
- Bonanza Demo Flight – Len rides with pilot Jeff in his Bonanza F33A to test Project GoPro
- Laconia, NH KLCI airport reference
- Sanford, ME KSFM airport reference
- Go Arounds; how they can be one of your best tools to fix a multitude of flight conditions
- Unstable Approach; video of an unstable approach to go around of a jet airliner
- Windshear; causes of windshear and a pictorial representation
- Cockpit Cafe KSFM; review of the Cockpit Cafe in Sanford, ME KSFM as presented by Trip Advisor
- Portsmouth, NH KPSM Approach Plate – note the humorous cartoon reference waypoint names
- Download our FREE Stuck Mic AvCast mobile phone app for Android, iPad, iPhone, & iPod Touch
After Landing Checklist
~ Picks of The Week ~
Rick ; AirWX Menulet Mac app ; a scrolling weather app for the Mac header bar
Len ; GoPro Propeller Artifacting Case ; eliminate prop chop, arcing, and artifacting with this camera case
Victoria ; Girls With Wings Scholarships; a list of available aviation scholarships for women and how to apply
Carl; PilotEdge.net; a real-life ATC service for your favorite flight simulator
Virgin Galactic Space Flight Fund
Thanks for listening to the Stuck Mic AvCast, a listener supported aviation podcast. We love publishing and delivering useful content and information for everyone! Please show your support with a $5 or $10 donation today and maybe we could one day fly in space!
Listen to Episode 25 Below
Subscribe to Our Enhanced Podcast Feed in iTunes
Subscribe to Our MP3 ONLY Podcast Feed
Direct your pod catcher to http://feeds.feedburner.com/StuckMicAvCastMP3