Joining me for this episode is Dennis Downing, a pilot flying skydivers in Zephyrhills, Florida. It seems to be an exciting job and along with my listeners I am very interested in discovering more about career opportunities and what it is like to be a skydive pilot.
Dennis and I discuss:
- What is a skydive pilot and what unique skills are needed.
- How to find a job as a skydive pilot.
- How Dennis developed his passion for aviation.
- What type of training should you do to prepare yourself to become a sky dive pilot.
- How are most skydive pilots compensated.
- Can you make a living as a skydive pilot.
- Is this a good way to build flight time to further your career.
- How many hours does a typical skydive pilot fly a year.
- Advice for pilots interested in becoming a skydive pilot.
Scholarship of the week:
Looking for assistance to extend your horizons and increase your aviation skills? Use this $500 monetary award to help defer the costs for out of the ordinary flight education. Apply it toward:
- Air Racing expenses
- Training: Aerobatic, Formation Flight, Mountain, Soaring, Ballooning
- Special volunteer flights
- Record setting (NAA) flights
- International competitions, and more...