Welcome to episode 111! Carl Valeri and Co-Host Paul Grieco discuss a number of questions from listeners including preparing for training and how to pick the right regional. First, Paul discusses his upgrade to Captain versus Carl's decision to remain as a First Officer. They also discuss the differences in Operation Specifications (Op-Specs) and Operations Manuals.
Carl recently interviewed Chris Pezalla on the Stuck Mic AVCast regarding Holding Patterns, which you can check out at Stuck MicAvCast.com. They also put together a new video series titled Advanced Holding Patterns. The first video is free! The entire series may be purchased for only $64 and listeners of this podcast are eligible for a 10% discount using the code ACP10.
Questions and Listener Mail:
- What books should I read before beginning training and what should I take with me?
- Guidance for choosing a regional airline.
- The" Valeri Effect".
- Training and working on IFR time because that is what the airlines are looking for.
- Idea: create an all sim flight school in New York City and partner with FBOs.
- Question on accessing scholarships.
- Questions on Airman Certification Standards and Private Instructions. You can learn more at Stuck Mic AVCast 116.
- Difference between part 141 or part 61 training, joining Air Force Reserves and then getting leave time to train for the airlines. Check out information on the Soldier's and Sailor's Relief Act.