Welcome to episode 89. My guest today is Chris Pezalla. Chris passion for aviation started at a young age with him obtaining a commercial pilot certificate at the age of 18. He studied Aeronautical Science at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University while working as a flight instructor. After college, he worked for a large Regional Airline. His flying experience includes 5500 hours in airplanes and over 1300 hours as an instructor.
The aviation industry is cyclic with with a few dramatic downturns. Today we discuss how Chris implemented a creative approach to surviving an aviation downturn. I'm sure you will find his story inspirational and informative.
Today Chris and I Discuss:
- His Early life as a pilot and why he loves aviation.
- His path to the regional airlines.
- The downturn in the airline industry.
- How he turned lemons into lemonade
- What Chris did during his leave with the airlines.
- Law Degree, Masters, Books, Speaking, and more.
- Where he is now and where he is going.
- Advice on how to prepare for a furlough or downturn in the airline industry.
- Why you should prepare now when things are going well.
Scholarship of the Week: