Thanks for tuning in to episode 66 of the Stuck Mic AvCast! Today, we’ve got special guest Russ Roslewski who used to work at FAA AeroNav Products designing instrument procedures. He’s got a ton of knowledge about how procedures come about.
Russ sat down with us to talk about all kinds of aspects of instrument approaches from how they’re designed to keep airplanes (and pilots!) safe and what the future of instrument approaches could be. Sit back and hit that play button to learn more!
- Florida Ice Cream Festival - Enjoy a decadent day of delicious treats on the grounds of SUN n FUN's Lakeland Linder Airport in Florida. On April 12th and April 13th you can enjoy entertainment and eating contests and see World Ice Cream Eater attempt to out the 2013 record of 14 1/2 pints in 6 minutes! Holy crap I have a stomach ache just thinking about that...
- Sign up to become a Stuck Mic AvCast VIP! Get all of our sweet, yummy content delivered your email inbox, including sneak preview access to episodes before they release to the general public.
- Thank you to Aviation Universe for supporting this episode. What, what!!
- Special Guest Russ Roslewski
- FAA AeroNav Products
- Where do baby instrument approaches come from?
- How does a private airport get an instrument approach?
- Will GPS replace ground-based approaches?
- Obstacle Departure Procedures
- Unusual procedures
- How airspeed relates to keeping airplanes in protected area
- Minimum altitudes and terrain
- Instrument Flight Procedures Information Gateway
- Voice your concerns about procedures
- How are fixes named?
- Balancing a day job and a part-time CFI job
- Simultaneous approaches
- Uncompensated Baro-VNAV
- FAA Flight Checks
After Landing Checklist
~ Picks Of The Week ~
- No Picks Of The Week were included in this interview episode