Welcome to this edition of the Stuck Mic AvCast! Victoria wishes she could've been here but she was feeling a little under the weather so we gave her the episode off to recover. Today, we have a lot of information to share. Everything from IACRA to ADS-B as well as some tips for snowy-weather flying including a handy PDF reference card for your kneeboard.
Strap in, cuz here we go!
***Don't forget to share this episode by clicking that Like, Share, Tweet button to spread the love!***
- The US Navy Blue Angels will be performing at Thunder Over Louisville on April 12th. Here's your chance to see one of the greatest aerial demonstration teams work their magic in your back yard.
- Every Saturday between noon and 2pm, Sporty's Pilot Shop pulls out the grill to heat your favorite rolled meats: hot dogs, metts and brats, all in appreciation for their customers. Maybe we'll see you there?
- February 23rd marks Canadian National Aviation Day. A day for celebrating safety, strength, and success at the aviation museum in Ottawa with activities, special guests, and interactive presentations.
- Episode 64a - Favorite Things In The Aviation Universe chronicles the eye catching avgeek gifts available from our sponsor.
- Sign up to become a Stuck Mic AvCast VIP! Get all of our content delivered right to your email inbox including sneak preview access to episodes before they release to the general public.
- And of course a thank you to Aviation Universe for supporting this episode! Yup, they rock.
- Reviewing IACRA and what NOT to do when filling out your paperwork
- Deciphering braking action reports
- Understanding runway condition NOTAMs
- Download the Stuck Mic AvCast Braking Action & Runway Condition NOTAMs Quick Reference Card (PDF)
- Quick refresher on airport operations in wintery conditions
- Experimental ADS-B flight testing
- ADS-B In and Out
After Landing Checklist
~ Picks Of The Week ~
- Sean - Flightradar24 iOS App
- Carl - AirportWebcams.net
- Len - AOPA Air Safety Institute’s Flight Risk Evaluator for iOS and Android
- Rick - LogTen Pro update