If you want to play a key role in designing the next generation of aircraft and you have an interest in math and science, an aerospace engineering job might interest you. Aerospace engineers develop the new technologies in aviation, defense system, and spacecraft.
Today I have with me someone who can help us understand what it is like to be involved in one of the more exciting engineering projects shaping the future of air travel. Alan Lawless is a Chief Flight Test Engineer and will be helping us understand the career opportunities in aerospace engineering.
Alan and I Discuss:
- How he became interested in Aviation and Engineering.
- The type of education needed to become an engineer.
- If you are in high school what you should study to better prepare yourself for a career in engineering.
- Engineering degrees with applications in the aviation industry.
- Organizations you should research and/or join if you want to be an aerospace engineer.
- The lifestyle of an engineer.
- Career progression and pay.
- The future of aerospace engineering.
For More Information:
Subscribe To Aviation Careers Podcast:
Visit Our Sponsors: