We’re back in action this episode with comments on the Cessna 421 crash in Florida, unmanned aircraft systems, Carl’s interest in model airplanes and rocketry, flying at non-towered airports, the definition of an airport non-movement area with a quiz included, references to Pontiac, MI KPTK airport, the sleeping tower controller at DCA, ferrying the Shuttle Discovery, and a whole bunch more! Join us.
We’ve got SWAG for sale! T-Shirts, coffee cups, magnets, etc – you want ‘em, we got ‘em – simply visit StuckMicAvCast.com/buy to get those items today.
The Stuck Mic AvCast is donation supported. Please consider a small donation if you enjoy the show: StuckMicAvCast.com/support.
- Cessna 421 crashes in Gulf of Mexico – an article including flight track
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems – what are they and the dispute with them flying around our national airspace
- Customs and Border Patrol Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Model Rockets – between rockets and r/c aircraft, this is what got Carl excited about aviation
- Non-Towered Airport operations checklist
- Airport Movement vs Non-Movement Areas – including a movement area quiz
- Pontiac, MI KPTK airport overview – provided by iFlightPlanner.com
- Sleeping Air Traffic Controllers – including the occurrence at KDCA Reagan National
- Ferrying the Space Shuttle – Shuttle Discovery makes a journey to Virginia to it’s resting place at the Udvar-Hazy National Air And Space Museum
- Stuck Mic AvCast Mobile Phone Applications
- Other flying banter and tomfoolery included
After Landing Checklist
~ Picks of The Week ~
Victoria – Back Country Pilot Forum and website
Rick – French Countryside Flying in a Super Cub, videos and photos included
Len – iFlightPlanner.com website service update and new features
Thanks for listening to the Stuck Mic AvCast, a listener supported aviation podcast. We love publishing and delivering useful content and information for everyone! Please show your support with a $5 or $10 donation today and maybe we could one day fly in space!
Listen to Episode 24 Below
Subscribe to Our Enhanced Podcast Feed in iTunes
Subscribe to Our MP3 ONLY Podcast Feed
Direct your pod catcher to http://feeds.feedburner.com/StuckMicAvCastMP3
Or to subscribe to our MP3 Only Podcast in iTunes: